Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I came up with this when I didn't have any tomato sauce and tried using a white sauce and it turned out really good! I don't really care for broccoli, so I will cut up the broccoli into small pieces when made into the sauce. Being a Latter Day Saint, we have a three hour church service, so I like to make this on a Saturday and on Sunday, just before we leave for church I will put it in the oven straight from the fridge and bake at 250-275 degrees and when we come home from church, it is cooked well and ready to eat. Therefore, this lasagna can be made well in advanced!
- 12 lasagna noodles, boiled to Al Dente
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 3 cups milk
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning or 2 tablespoons sage
- 2 cups fresh broccoli, cut into small pieces
- shredded monterey jack cheese
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Boil Lasagna noodles into a large pot according to directions on package. Drain well, and rinse them. You may need to rinse them again if they get too sticky.
- In a large skillet pan, oil the pan with the olive oil and add the chicken pieces and cook for about 7-10 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Add the canned soups and the milk, being measured in the soup cans. You may need to add some more milk if the sauce becomes too thick.
- Season the sauce well with the garlic, salt and pepper, and the poultry seasoning. You can add other herbs for your taste.
- Add the broccoli to the sauce and cook it for about 5 minutes or so and it is a bright green. You may also add about 2 cups of frozen peas to the sauce as well if you prefer.
- To prepare the lasagna, using a 1 Cup measuring cup, Pour about 3 Cups of the sauce to the bottom of a large baking pan.
- Using 4 lasagna noodles, layer the noodles in an even layer. Top the noodles with about 4 Cups of Sauce and sprinkle some shredded cheese, about 1 & 1/2 Cups worth for each layer.
- Continue to layer the noodles, sauce, and cheese in two more layers, using 4 noodles for each layer.
- Cover the pan with some aluminum foil and put in the fridge when ready to cook.
- If you are planning on cooking this right away, cook at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes or so.