Recipe by LDSMom128
I came up with this when I didn't have any tomato sauce and tried using a white sauce and it turned out really good! I don't really care for broccoli, so I will cut up the broccoli into small pieces when made into the sauce. Being a Latter Day Saint, we have a three hour church service, so I like to make this on a Saturday and on Sunday, just before we leave for church I will put it in the oven straight from the fridge and bake at 250-275 degrees and when we come home from church, it is cooked well and ready to eat. Therefore, this lasagna can be made well in advanced!
Top Review by CraftScout
As written, this overflowed the baking dish I put it in (a 9x13", my standard "baking dish"), making it necessary for me to clean my oven. Dinner was ruined. It is an interesting idea, though, which I will probably play around with. I like the idea of a non-spinach, non-red sauce lasagna, which is the reason I wanted to try this one. Thank you for posting, even though it really didn't work out for us.
- 12 lasagna noodles, boiled to Al Dente
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 3 cups milk
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning or 2 tablespoons sage
- 2 cups fresh broccoli, cut into small pieces
- shredded monterey jack cheese
- shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil Lasagna noodles into a large pot according to directions on package. Drain well, and rinse them. You may need to rinse them again if they get too sticky.
- In a large skillet pan, oil the pan with the olive oil and add the chicken pieces and cook for about 7-10 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Add the canned soups and the milk, being measured in the soup cans. You may need to add some more milk if the sauce becomes too thick.
- Season the sauce well with the garlic, salt and pepper, and the poultry seasoning. You can add other herbs for your taste.
- Add the broccoli to the sauce and cook it for about 5 minutes or so and it is a bright green. You may also add about 2 cups of frozen peas to the sauce as well if you prefer.
- To prepare the lasagna, using a 1 Cup measuring cup, Pour about 3 Cups of the sauce to the bottom of a large baking pan.
- Using 4 lasagna noodles, layer the noodles in an even layer. Top the noodles with about 4 Cups of Sauce and sprinkle some shredded cheese, about 1 & 1/2 Cups worth for each layer.
- Continue to layer the noodles, sauce, and cheese in two more layers, using 4 noodles for each layer.
- Cover the pan with some aluminum foil and put in the fridge when ready to cook.
- If you are planning on cooking this right away, cook at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes or so.