Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was inspired by the Stouffer's skillet meal and my attempt to outdo the frozen version. This pasta is absolutely perfect - perfect in taste, texture, and appearance - I hope you enjoy this as much as I did!
- 1 lb frozen broccoli florets (can use fresh)
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups Italian dressing
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons roasted sweet peppers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon bacon, chopped
- Place the chicken cubes into a ziplock bag with italian dressing and marinade for at least 30 minutes (preferrably overnight).
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a rolling boil. Add fettuccine noodles and cook for 11-12 minutes or until al dente. Rinse and set aside.
- Meanwhile, chop any thick stems off of broccoli leaving just the florets. Steam for 3 minutes or just until tender. Rinse and set aside.
- Melt 3 tbsp butter in a saute pan over medium heat and add garlic and chicken. Sautee chicken until slightly browned and butter is absorbed, about 5-6 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Melt 4 tbsp butter over medium low heat and whisk in flour, sea salt, and black pepper until smooth and bubbly.
- Whisk in milk and heavy cream and raise heat to medium high. Whisk constantly until mixture thickens and simmer for 1 minute.
- Reduce heat and add parmesan cheese, chicken, broccoli, roasted peppers, and bacon.
- Once cheese is melted, toss over noodles and serve!