Broccoli florets and seasoned chicken breast tossed in a creamy cheese sauce with farfalle (bow-tie pasta). I generally don't measure when I cook so all measurements are approximate. Feel free to add less of more of anything to suite your taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 2 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth (or 1 cup water with 2 tsp liquid chicken boullion)
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 cup old cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 -4 cups farfalle pasta
- 1For the chicken, cook however you want. Grilled, baked, fried, poached. I prefer to seanson with 1 tsp of italian seasoning and grill, but this you can do to your personal preference.
- 2Bring a pot of water to a boil. Salt boiling water and cook pasta until done.
- 3Meanwhile, steam broccoli florets. I do this in the microwave just to cut down on time. Place broccoli in a bowl with about an inch of water. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Make a slit in the plastic for steam to escape. Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes or until desired tenderness is reached.
- 4Melt butter in a small pot on Medium-low heat. Add flour and garlic powder and whisk to form a roux. Cook for a few minutes. Add wine and whisk until it is evaporated. Add in chicken stock and then the cream, whisking the whole time.
- 5**You need to work quick once you add the wine. If your pot is too hot when you add the wine it can turn your roux into a dough which won't mix into your liquids well.
- 6Allow mixture to cook until it begins to thicken. Whisking often to ensure it does not burn. Once thickened add in cheese.
- 7**whisk in a zig zag motion to ensure that the grated cheese doesn't turn into a ball in the sauce.
- 8Toss pasta with broccoli and chicken and serve.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli & Chicken Farfalle
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 634.1
- Calories from Fat 248
- Total Fat 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Cholesterol 115.8 mg
- Sodium 484.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 34.2 g