Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Found this in another cooking forum and couldn't pass it up. I'm drooling just thinking about making it!
- 2 lbs fresh broccoli florets
- 5 cups cut up cooked chicken
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook broccoli in boiling salted water until tender; drain.
- Arrange cooked broccoli in a greased 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- Place cooked chicken over the broccoli.
- In bowl, combine cream of chicken soup, mushroom soup, curry powder, garlic salt, pepper, mayonnaise, lemon juice and Cheddar cheese.
- Spread evenly over chicken.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Cover lightly with foil and bake at 350ºF for 30 minutes; uncover and bake 15-20 minutes more, or until lightly browned and bubbly.
- Serve hot, over cooked rice, if desired.
This is like a casserole I used to make 30 years ago. I used 2 tablespoons of curry instead of 1 teaspoon and less cheese, but otherwise I made it as written. When I take it to a potluck it goes very fast.