Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
Cracker Barrel Type
- 4 -6 boneless chicken breasts, deboned and flattened to preferred thickness with meat mallet
- olive oil or other oil, you prefer
- Ritz cracker
- 1 cup butter (1/2 pound) or 1 cup margarine (1/2 pound)
- 2 cups heavy cream or 2 cups half-and-half or 2 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese (you may want more cheese, add to your taste)
- fresh broccoli florets or 1 lb frozen broccoli floret, cooked to tender crisp
- Wash and debone and remove the skin from the chicken breast. Dry meat with paper towels. Rub both sides of chicken breasts with small amount olive oil (or other oil you prefer.) season both sides of chicken breasts with salt, pepper, seasonings you prefer.
- Roast chicken in covered dish in oven at 350 degrees until tender and no blood runs from meat when pierced with a fork. Place cooked chicken breasts in another baking dish.
- Cover with crushed/ broken/crushed crackers.
- Make sauce:
- Over medium heat melt the margarine/butter in saucepan. Whisk in the flour until well blended and smooth. Add the cream/half and half/ milk to this and whisk until smooth.
- Add cheese to this while whisking smooth. When sauce smooth add broccoli and STIR gently with spoon to blend broccoli and sauce evenly. Pour sauce over chicken breasts and crackers. Put back in oven for a few minutes to heat through and allow sauce to melt/cook into crackers. Serve with salad, favorite vegetables.
This was amazing! It tasted exactly like Craker Barrels.