I found this recipe in Cooking Light magazine years ago and, even though it takes a bit of time to prepare, it's still a favorite! I usually don't use the dill (although I do like it when I happen to have it on hand), and I use 1/4 cup of sliced green onions instead of the shallots.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaf
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 12 mint leaves
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/3 cup 2% low fat cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (2 ounces)
- 7 cups small broccoli florets
- 2 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 ounces uncooked medium pasta shells or 4 ounces rotini pasta, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, rinsed,drained,and halved
- 1To prepare herb mixture, combine first 6 ingredients on a cutting board; finely chop, and reserve 3 tablespoons.
- 2Set remaining herb mixture aside.
- 3To prepare the dressing, place the reserved 3 tablespoons herb mixture in a food processor.
- 4Drop 2 garlic cloves through the food chute with food processor on; process until minced.
- 5Add cottage cheese and next 6 ingredients (cottage cheese through dash of pepper) to food processor; process until smooth.
- 6Stir in feta.
- 7To prepare salad, steam broccoli, covered, 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 9Combine remaining herb mixture, broccoli, mushrooms, and remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- 10Pour dressing over salad; toss well.
- 11Yield: 4 (2 1/2) cup servings CALORIES 327 (24% from fat); FAT 8.
- 128g (satfat 3g, monofat 3. 4g, polyfat 0. 9g); PROTEIN 18.
- 134g; CARBOHYDRATE 50g; FIBER 7g; CHOLESTEROL 14mg; IRON 4.
- 143mg; SODIUM 768mg; CALCIUM 248mg; Cooking Light, JUNE 1999.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli, Cherry Tomato, & Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (477 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 347.6
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 19.1 mg
- Sodium 524.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.5 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 18.9 g