Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe in Cooking Light magazine years ago and, even though it takes a bit of time to prepare, it's still a favorite! I usually don't use the dill (although I do like it when I happen to have it on hand), and I use 1/4 cup of sliced green onions instead of the shallots.
- 1⁄2 cup fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil leaf
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 12 mint leaves
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1⁄3 cup 2% low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese (2 ounces)
- 7 cups small broccoli florets
- 2 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 ounces uncooked medium pasta shells or 4 ounces rotini pasta, cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 cup minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, rinsed,drained,and halved
- To prepare herb mixture, combine first 6 ingredients on a cutting board; finely chop, and reserve 3 tablespoons.
- Set remaining herb mixture aside.
- To prepare the dressing, place the reserved 3 tablespoons herb mixture in a food processor.
- Drop 2 garlic cloves through the food chute with food processor on; process until minced.
- Add cottage cheese and next 6 ingredients (cottage cheese through dash of pepper) to food processor; process until smooth.
- Stir in feta.
- To prepare salad, steam broccoli, covered, 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Combine remaining herb mixture, broccoli, mushrooms, and remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour dressing over salad; toss well.
- Yield: 4 (2 1/2) cup servings CALORIES 327 (24% from fat); FAT 8.
- 8g (satfat 3g, monofat 3. 4g, polyfat 0. 9g); PROTEIN 18.
- 4g; CARBOHYDRATE 50g; FIBER 7g; CHOLESTEROL 14mg; IRON 4.
- 3mg; SODIUM 768mg; CALCIUM 248mg; Cooking Light, JUNE 1999.