Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I wanted a recipe that didn't use Minute Rice as I am not a fan. I also wanted it to use Velveeta instead of cheese whiz. I found this recipe on Cooks.com and loved that it also had celery and onion for a full rounded flavor.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cut into small chunks (or cheddar cheese, shredded)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (or cream of chicken)
- 1 (10 ounce) package broccoli, chopped (I prefer fresh)
- Saute celery and onion in the butter.
- Mix all ingredients together in a casserole dish.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Stir before serving to spread velveeta throughout.