Prep 8 mins
Cook 18 mins
Great meatless side dish that can be served with ant meal, or a light lunch.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 2 (9 ounce) packagesrefrigerated cheese, torttellini
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced parsley
- In a large saucepan, cook cream, and broccoli uncovered, over medium-low heat for 5-6 minutes, or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Stir 2 cups cheese, and the pepper into broccoli mixture, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer uncovered for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted, and mixture is thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Drain tortellini, add to sauce, and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with parsley, and remaining cheese.
How good this was! The recipe is very easy and super tasty. I cooked the broccoli in the cream and added the ravioli directly in the mixture (this kind of ravioli needed only to be reheated!) and served after 3 minutes.<br/>I made I minor change to make this lighter: instead of 2 cups cream I used 1 cup cream, 1 cup milk and about 1/2 cup light fresh cheese. I can't say if this works will all kind of fresh cheese, but I know that the cheese I use works perfectly for sauces.<br/>Thanks a lot for posting this recipe.