1/3 Photos of Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken With Spinach Patties
1 hr 5 mins
The Flying Chef's Note:
I came up with this the other night as I had some left over broccoli and prosciutto to use up and they turned out really well. It is not a quick meal like the ones I have been posting lately as you have to stuff the chicken and make the mixture for the spinach so it has a lot more prep time in it. I would say about 30 minutes on the prep longer if you make it for more than 2 people I was only making it for my hubby and I. Cooking time is 30-35 minutes to cook chicken in the oven, the patties can be made while chicken is baking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 small broccoli florets, heads only, chopped
- 4 basil leaves, shredded
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, sliced thinly
- 6 -8 tablespoons gruyere, grated (depends on size of breasts, mine were of a good size so I used 8)
- 4 -6 slices prosciutto (again just depending on size of breast these are just use to secure and I needed 3 per breast)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons mild creamy prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1/2 cup cream
- 300 g baby spinach leaves
- 1 small red onion, chopped finely
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 3 tablespoons cream
- 1/2 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs, flakes (Japanese breadcrumbs, available at most supermarkets or specialty asain stores.)
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2Open out chicken breasts, using a meat mallet pound each breast until of equal thickness.
- 3Divide broccoli between breasts from top to bottom down the centre, top with basil leaves, then sun-dried tomato, finally press cheese firmly over tomato to form a small mound. Fold breasts over to enclose filling and wrap prosciutto around each breast to secure.
- 4Place breasts in a lightly oiled oven proof dish and cook in pre-heated oven for 30-35 Min's or until chicken is cooked through.
- 6Combine wine, water, lemon juice, parsley, stock and mustard in a saucepan. Heat over med high heat, use a whisk if necessary to combine mustard fully, you don't want lumps.
- 7Mix a little water with the cornflour and add to sauce stir until mixture thickens, add cream and stir to heat through. Serve with chicken.
- 9Heat some water in a pan, plunge spinach leaves into water for only a minute, drain, squeeze out any excess water.
- 10In a small fry pan cook bacon, drain on absorbent paper.
- 11Combine spinach, onion, garlic, bacon, cream, stock and cheese, in a microwave safe bowl, stir well. Microwave for about 1 minute to melt cheese, stir again.
- 12Make sure mixture is cool enough to add egg as you do not want it to cook. Add egg and panko flakes.
- 13Heat some oil in a pan, using a tablespoon divide mixture into roughly 4 equal parts. Take spoonful of mixture add to pan press down to form a pattie shape and cook until browned on both sides.
- 14To Serve: Place chicken on a plate, spoon some sauce over, garnish with a basil leaf, place patties on plate and garnish with kumara curls if desired.
- 15Kumara curls: If you wanted to do this just peel kumara, then using a vegetable peeler peel kumara into strips, heat some oil in a pan (about 1/4 inch deep). Add kumara and fry until it curls up and is crisp.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken With Spinach Patties
Serving Size: 1 (689 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 995.1
- Calories from Fat 528
- Total Fat 58.7 g
- Saturated Fat 28.1 g
- Cholesterol 314.3 mg
- Sodium 2157.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 58.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: