Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
a little bit time consuming but well worth it!
Make and share this Broccoli Cheese Stuffed Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄3 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 small finely diced onion
- 1 cup fresh broccoli (do not cook) or 1 cup frozen broccoli, thawed chopped (do not cook)
- 4 tablespoons mined garlic
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 lb prego ricotta and parmesan sauce
- Grease a 9 x 11 in casserole dish.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Flatten chicken breasts by using rolling pin to get membranes out. Make thin.
- Combine onion, 2 tbl garlic, broccoli, mild chz, sharp and almost all of mozzarella cheese n large bowl and stir together.
- Place salt and pepper with beaten eggs in bowl.
- Mix bread crumb and 1/2 of the parmesian cheese in seperate bowl.
- Coat chicken with eggs and then dip into bread crumb mixture.
- Lay each chicken breast stretched out seperatly.
- Spoon broccoli mixture onto flattened chicken and roll up like a burrito and pin shut with 1 clove.
- Repeat with remaining breasts and mixture.
- Top with sauce, remaining garlic and parmesian cheese.
- Cover and cook about 30-35 min depending on over. Chicken should be white and tender when cooked.
- Can be served with pasta and veg.
This was extremely good, it did take a bit of pre-prep, but not much. DH prepared actual fillets earlier in the day, so later on I only had to make the filling, roll them up and bake them off. It was quite straightforward and I was pleased to make a 'special' dish fairly easily...DH and DD loved it!!! DD was home from Varsity so it was a special meal to welcome her home! I wasn't familiar with the Prego ricotta & parmesan sauce, tho it sounds wonderful, (I think we may not get it here), so I topped these with "Sauce Bechamel Aux Champignons (White Sauce With Mushrooms)", which seemed to work very well. I served it with a potato bake and savory green beans, all DDs favourites :) Thanks for a very good recipe to spoil my family with! Made for PAC Spring 2008