Recipe by Cookbook Barbie
A great side dish for any meal.
Top Review by Bev
Barabra, I just this minute took this recipe out of the oven and wanted to come right away to let you know just how wonderful this broccoli is! It is so rich and cheesey and delicious! The broccoli is just the right texture balanced with the right amount of cheese! I followed your directions to the letter for excellent results! I wouldn't change a thing! Thank you, Barbara, for a great new recipe that I know I will be using time and time again in this house of broccoli lovers!
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 20 ounces frozen chopped broccoli
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- seasoning salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 9x13 baking pan with the butter.
- Steam broccoli until partially cooked, about three minutes.
- Cool and press dry.
- Beat eggs and milk until frothy.
- Thoroughly mix dry ingredients.
- Stir into egg mixture.
- Fold in broccoli, cheese and onion.
- Spoon into baking dish, spreading evenly.
- Sprinkle with seasoned salt.
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes and cut into squares.