Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I made this for Thanksgiving for the first time. It has been requested for Christmas. Everyone loved it. Allow enough time for cooling so they cut easily.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen broccoli or fresh broccoli
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter or margarine in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Steam broccoli, transfer to processor or blender and chop finely.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl. Add flour, milk, and baking powder; mix. Stir in cheese, broccoli and onion.
- Spread into prepared dish, spreading evenly. Bake until set, about 30 minutes. Cut into bite size pieces.
Great! I used 8 oz. low-fat cheddar and 8 oz. mozzerella. I also added a little garlic powder. I also cut the butter to 2 oz. The melted butter gives a wonderful crust to the dish. Thanks, Jan
Delicious! I used only one package frozen broccoli and that worked fine, I also added in cayenne pepper, garlic powder and used 1 small onion and baked it in an 11x7 pan, this makes a wonderful easy side dish, great recipe thanks for sharing MRSJSPANTS!
Finally! It resembles a casserole but without all the extra fat and salt added by sour cream, mayo and/or cream soups! My boyfriend and I both loved it! Over half of it vanished with dinner. This is a new regular side dish for us.