Recipe by MARIA MAC *
I made this for Thanksgiving for the first time. It has been requested for Christmas. Everyone loved it. Allow enough time for cooling so they cut easily.
Top Review by stgmngrjan
Great! I used 8 oz. low-fat cheddar and 8 oz. mozzerella. I also added a little garlic powder. I also cut the butter to 2 oz. The melted butter gives a wonderful crust to the dish. Thanks, Jan
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen broccoli or fresh broccoli
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter or margarine in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Steam broccoli, transfer to processor or blender and chop finely.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl. Add flour, milk, and baking powder; mix. Stir in cheese, broccoli and onion.
- Spread into prepared dish, spreading evenly. Bake until set, about 30 minutes. Cut into bite size pieces.