Recipe by Brooke the Cook in WI
I've been experimenting with reduced fat velveeta cheese in soup and came up with this yummy soup. The cheese is not overwhelming, but it does provide a creaminess to the soup. The flavors are very simple, not fancy in any way - but it tastes great and is very low in calories too! WW pt = 2/serving
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can fat free chicken broth
- 7 ounces water
- 16 ounces frozen broccoli florets
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (the ones with green pepper celery and onion)
- 5 ounces Velveeta reduced fat cheese product, chopped
- salt and pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine broth. water. broccoli and tomatoes.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until broccoli is tender, 20-25 minutes.
- Transfer veggies only to a food processor or blender and process 2-4 on/off pulses so that veggies are bite-size. Return veggies to pan.
- Cube Velveeta and add to soup, stirring until melted.
- If desired, add salt and pepper to taste.