Prep 1 min
Cook 29 mins
I've been experimenting with reduced fat velveeta cheese in soup and came up with this yummy soup. The cheese is not overwhelming, but it does provide a creaminess to the soup. The flavors are very simple, not fancy in any way - but it tastes great and is very low in calories too! WW pt = 2/serving
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can fat free chicken broth
- 7 ounces water
- 16 ounces frozen broccoli florets
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (the ones with green pepper celery and onion)
- 5 ounces Velveeta reduced fat cheese product, chopped
- salt and pepper (optional)
- Combine broth. water. broccoli and tomatoes.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until broccoli is tender, 20-25 minutes.
- Transfer veggies only to a food processor or blender and process 2-4 on/off pulses so that veggies are bite-size. Return veggies to pan.
- Cube Velveeta and add to soup, stirring until melted.
- If desired, add salt and pepper to taste.
We've made this recipe often and love it! We don't have canned tomatoes with chilies in the UK so I use salsa from a jar, and the more the better! Many thanks for posting!
Easy to make and healthy soup! I used fresh broccoli, otherwise made as directed. I was pleasantly surprised at how well the tomatoes went with this soup. We enjoyed this very much - thanks for sharing the recipe!
I liked it a lot, but i agree, it is better a little cooler. I am really fond of soups and this one is a keeper. Made for ZWT 6