Feeling under the weather, and starving, I mixed up a batch of "cold remedy" soup! With garlic and cayenne pepper, it is sure to chase away the shivers!! Ready in 15 minutes!! I like to top it with garlic croutons :) Recipe can be easily doubled or tripled.
- Steam broccoli in microwaveable bowl with 1/4 cup water, for about 3-5 minutes. Cool a bit, mash with a fork.
- In a small saucepan, melt oil and butter.
- Saute onion on low heat, with salt and pepper for 2 minutes, add garlic, stir in flour to make a roux. Slowly add milk, stirring constantly. Add mashed up broccoli.
- Add cheeses, and cook until it thickens. Sprinkle with desired cayenne pepper.
- You may wish to add a splash of Worcestershire sauce for an added zip!
- If you dislike Cheese Whiz, use an extra cup of shredded cheddar.