1/2 Photos of Broccoli Cheese Soup for Two
Feeling under the weather, and starving, I mixed up a batch of "cold remedy" soup! With garlic and cayenne pepper, it is sure to chase away the shivers!! Ready in 15 minutes!! I like to top it with garlic croutons :) Recipe can be easily doubled or tripled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Steam broccoli in microwaveable bowl with 1/4 cup water, for about 3-5 minutes. Cool a bit, mash with a fork.
- 2In a small saucepan, melt oil and butter.
- 3Saute onion on low heat, with salt and pepper for 2 minutes, add garlic, stir in flour to make a roux. Slowly add milk, stirring constantly. Add mashed up broccoli.
- 4Add cheeses, and cook until it thickens. Sprinkle with desired cayenne pepper.
- 5You may wish to add a splash of Worcestershire sauce for an added zip!
- 6If you dislike Cheese Whiz, use an extra cup of shredded cheddar.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli Cheese Soup for Two
Serving Size: 1 (348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 596.1
- Calories from Fat 406
- Total Fat 45.1 g
- Saturated Fat 25.0 g
- Cholesterol 124.9 mg
- Sodium 1328.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 26.3 g