1/1 Photo of Broccoli Cheese Soup for the Soul
This is real comfort food for me. Very warming on a cold day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan, bring broth, broccoli (about 1 med. head will yield 3 cups chopped broccoli) and celery to a boil over high heat.
- 2Reduce heat to medium and simmer until broccoli is tender, about 10 minutes.
- 3Stir occasionally.
- 4Meanwhile, melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat and stir in flour, salt and pepper; cook for 1 minute.
- 5With a whisk or wooden spoon, add milk gradually, beating constantly to prevent lumping.
- 6(It will thicken like paste at first; keep beating in milk to thin it.) Bring to a boil.
- 7If you want a smooth soup, puree broccoli in blender.
- 8Now add broccoli mixture (smooth or chunky) into large saucepan with the milk.
- 9Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
- 10Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli Cheese Soup for the Soul
Serving Size: 1 (474 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.9
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 42.3 mg
- Sodium 304.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 14.3 g
- Protein 17.0 g