Recipe by Chris70
I got this recipe from a friend. Everyone I've given the recipe to love it. Also, I use skim milk and Velveeta Light, and I can't tell the difference. Using the skim milk and Velveeta Light, 1 serving counts as 4 Weight Watchers points.
Top Review by kittycatmom
Very good soup. I used chicken broth instead of wate and bouillon. And used about 4 cups instead of the 3 called for in the water - the noodles seemed to absorb the broth. I also added 1 shredded carrot, I really like the additional flavor. Delicious! Thanks for posting! Made for 2009 Spring PAC
- 1 small onion
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3 cups water
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli
- 4 ounces crinkly medium noodles or 4 ounces wide crinkly noodles
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 2 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion in margarine.
- Add 3 cups water in which 3 bouillon cubes have been dissolved.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add frozen broccoli and break into small pieces as it heats.
- Add noodles.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- Simmer until the noodles and broccoli are done.
- Add the Velveeta cheese which has been grated or cut into chunks.
- Stir until cheese is mealted.
- Add milk and heat until hot (do not boil).