Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love soup, especially in the winter and this is one of my favorites.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄8 cup grated onion, juice and all
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 cups broccoli florets (cut small)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Combine chicken broth, water, half-and-half, flour, onion and pepper in large saucepan.
- Whisk to combine.
- Add cheddar cheese.
- Whisk again.
- Turn heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Stir occasionally.
- Turn heat to low.
- Add broccoli and simmer for 15 minutes Check broccoli for doneness.
- Cook additional 5 to 10 minutes if necessary.
- It should be bright green and tender, not olive green and mushy.
- For each bowl, top with one tbs cheddar cheese and 1/2 tsp parsley.
Quick and easy soup! Great for a quick lunch. PAC Spring '07