Recipe by Danny Beason
Top Secret Recipes great cheese and brocolli soup.
Top Review by CAREBEARCOOKING
With fall in swing, I was looking for a really good home made cheesy broccoli soup. My daughter is just starting to like it which is a miracle in itself. This is easy, and very good. A perfrect comfort recipe. This will be a regular dish in our house!!! Thanks for sharing.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 4 slices kraft singles cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups broccoli florets (bite size)
- 1⁄2 cup sheredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chicken brouth, water, half& half, cheese, flour, onion and pepper in a large saucepan.
- Whisk to combine and break up any lumps of flour, then turn heat on medium/high.
- Bring soup to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
- Add broccoli to soup and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until broccoli is tender but not soft.
- For each serving spoon one cup into a bowl and garnish with a teaspoon of sheredded cheese and a pinch of parsley.
- Makes 6 servings.