Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A very filling comfort food. From a great friend with whom I used to work with.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 6 cups water
- 6 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 packages chopped frozen broccoli
- 6 cups milk
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- Heat oil in large pan.
- Add onion, saute' 3 minutes.
- Add water and bouillon cubes.
- Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally until cubes are dissolved.
- Add noodles and salt.
- Cook, uncoverd 3 minutes.
- Stir in frozen broccoli and garlic salt.
- Cook 4 minutes.
- Turn down heat.
- Add milk and cheese.
- Continue cooking until cheese melts.
- Stirring frequently.
- Do not allow to boil once milk and cheese has been added.
- Can be left on stove on low heat for up to an hour or left on low in a crockpot.
- Is still wonderful reheated.
Thanks for the recipe. I made this the other night for dinner and the family really enjoyed it. I found it slightly thin though, and added some flour. I also used fresh garlic. Had it reheated, great. Will make again. :)
Fabulous!!! There was a place in Ohio called "The Barn" that my grandmother used to take me to. I want to say that it was over by Wooster? This has got to be the same recipe they use. Everyone in the family ate it up and my 2 yr old asked for broc. cheese for days:) Thanks so much for sharing. I'll be making this forever with fond memories.