Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy and very healthy. If you are a "Weight Watcher" a cup of this soup is only 1 point.
- 2 bags california-blend frozen vegetables
- 6 cups water
- 1 teaspoon season salt
- 5 teaspoons chicken soup base or 5 chicken bouillon cubes (omit salt if you use cubes)
- 1 box frozen chopped broccoli
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 10 ounces light Velveeta cheese
- Cook Veggies in the water with bouillon cubes.
- When veggies are tender, remove from water and puree' in blender.
- Return veggies to water.
- Add box of chopped broccoli and cook until tender.
- Slice Velveeta into cubes.
- Stir until melted.
WOW. So Good. I cut the recipe in half - cooked the veggies in 1 1/2 cups of chicken stock (I used herbox), then processed them, put them back into the pan, added a can of evaporated skim milk, 5 oz velvetta, dash of cayenne, and broccoli. SOOOO GOOD!! Thank you, Gail! - My preschooler loved it as sauce over pasta!
Gail, this really did the trick. I was skeptical because I'm not usually a Velveeta fan. This was worth it. VERY good!
Good low-cal soup. I added some fat-free evaported milk to give it more of a cream soup taste.