Recipe by Seasoned Cook
WONDERFUL cheesy flavored soup which goes well with a sandwich for a quick lunch or dinner. A family favorite and easy to prepare!
Top Review by lauralie41
Very good broccoli cheese soup! I used frozen broccoli that I thawed in the microwave and matchstick cut carrots. Didnt have chicken broth so I used vegetable broth and that worked out well. Didnt need to add the salt, flavor was perfect for me. Loved that the vegetables had some bite to them and not mushy. Had shredded sharp cheddar cheese and liked the bite from the cheese. So easy to make and tastes like it had been cooking all day. YUMMY soup! Made and reviewed for the Australian/NewZealand Forum's Recipe Swap #37.
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 (14 ounce) chicken broth
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 (10 ounce) cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- salt (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring chicken broth to simmer. Add broccoli and carrot and allow to simmer gently for 2 minutes.
- Add cream of chicken soup and bring back to simmer.
- Add cheese and stir until melted.
- Note: The cream of chicken soup has some salt in it. Do a taste test and decide if you need to add salt. Also add small amount of water if you would like soup thinner.