1/5 Photos of Broccoli & Cheese Soup
Sue Lau's Note:
A great soup, one of the deli classics.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute onion and celery in butter in saucepan over medium heat until tender.
- 2Add flour, and salt and pepper, cooking and stirring until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- 3Add broth and milk (all at once), stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil and begins to thicken.
- 4Add cooked broccoli (I like to steam mine then cool in cold water to preserve color), stirring until all is heated through.
- 5Remove from heat and stir in cheese until melted and smooth (place back on heat briefly if necessary).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli & Cheese Soup
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.9
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 34.0 mg
- Sodium 781.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 10.4 g