A great soup, one of the deli classics.
Make and share this Broccoli & Cheese Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Saute onion and celery in butter in saucepan over medium heat until tender.
- Add flour, and salt and pepper, cooking and stirring until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- Add broth and milk (all at once), stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil and begins to thicken.
- Add cooked broccoli (I like to steam mine then cool in cold water to preserve color), stirring until all is heated through.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese until melted and smooth (place back on heat briefly if necessary).