- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk (can mix milk and broth)
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon powder
- 10 ounces broccoli, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup grated medium cheddar
Directions See How It's Made
- Put onion and butter in saucepan. sAute until clear and soft.
- Add next five ingredients. Bring to boil. Cover and simmer until vegetables are cooked. Cool a bit then chop to desire coarseness in batches in blender. Return to saucepan.
- Cheese added separately. Garnish with a piece of broccoli.