Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this recipe in a book called "Great American Favorite Brand Name Cookbook" and I have not tried it yet, but I'm trying to get some stuff up here before I have to return the book. So if anyone tries it and has any comments, let me know. Hope you enjoy!
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 59.14 ml margarine or 59.14 ml butter
- 59.14 ml unsifted flour
- 709.77 ml water
- 2 (566.99 g) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and well-drained
- 19.71 ml instant chicken bouillon or 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 709.77 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 473.18 ml half-and-half
- In large saucepan or Dutch oven, cook onion in margarine until tender; stir in flour.
- Gradually stir in water then broccoli, bouillon and worcestershire.
- Over medium heat, cook and stir until thickened and broccoli is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add cheese and cream. Cook and stir until cheese melts and soup is hot (DO NOT BOIL).
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Great soup. Cheesy and delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Perfectly thick and cheesey. I used fat free half and half to cut some fat. Don't skip the worcestershire sauce; it adds a great flavor. Thanx for a great broccoli cheese soup!
I really enjoyed this soup. It was a windy blustery day and was just the right food to have tonight. Very quick and easy to put together. The only variation I made in the recipe was to use chicken stock instead of water and bouillon. And I added a 1 cup of homemade egg noodles. Delicious! Made for My 3 Chefs '08.