1/1 Photo of Broccoli Cheese Soup
PSU Lioness's Note:
I found this recipe in a book called "Great American Favorite Brand Name Cookbook" and I have not tried it yet, but I'm trying to get some stuff up here before I have to return the book. So if anyone tries it and has any comments, let me know. Hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup margarine or 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup unsifted flour
- 3 cups water
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and well-drained
- 4 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon or 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1In large saucepan or Dutch oven, cook onion in margarine until tender; stir in flour.
- 2Gradually stir in water then broccoli, bouillon and worcestershire.
- 3Over medium heat, cook and stir until thickened and broccoli is tender, about 10 minutes.
- 4Add cheese and cream. Cook and stir until cheese melts and soup is hot (DO NOT BOIL).
- 5Refrigerate leftovers.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli Cheese Soup
Serving Size: 1 (2275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1248.5
- Calories from Fat 867
- Total Fat 96.4 g
- Saturated Fat 55.6 g
- Cholesterol 267.5 mg
- Sodium 1441.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 59.5 g