I found this recipe in a book called "Great American Favorite Brand Name Cookbook" and I have not tried it yet, but I'm trying to get some stuff up here before I have to return the book. So if anyone tries it and has any comments, let me know. Hope you enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup unsifted flour
- 3 cups water
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and well-drained
- 4 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon or 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups half-and-half
- In large saucepan or Dutch oven, cook onion in margarine until tender; stir in flour.
- Gradually stir in water then broccoli, bouillon and worcestershire.
- Over medium heat, cook and stir until thickened and broccoli is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add cheese and cream. Cook and stir until cheese melts and soup is hot (DO NOT BOIL).
- Refrigerate leftovers.