Recipe by BethR
Quick and easy!
Top Review by Axe
This was EXCELLENT and I have to comment on the colour! It came out this absolutely beautiful hue of green. I made it the day before company came (because soup is ALWAYS better the day after so the flavours meld together) and it was a hit. Thanks for a keeper! BTW, at the last minute, I added a bit of cream to it (because I had some left over from making raspberry sherbet) and it just rounded out the texture perfectly. Thanks for a keeper!
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen broccoli
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- shredded cheddar cheese, for topping (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- HEAT broth in large saucepan to boiling.
- Add broccoli, onion and garlic.
- Return to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cover.
- Cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
- Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Transfer half of vegetable-broth mixture to blender or food processor (in batches, if necessary); cover. Blend until desired consistency.
- Return to saucepan.
- COMBINE dry milk, water and flour in medium bowl; mix well.
- Stir into soup; season with salt and ground black pepper, if desired.
- Heat through.
- Add 1 cup cheese.
- Stir over low heat until melted.
- Sprinkle with additional cheese.