Prep 10 mins
Cook 23 mins
Soup that DH and I like.
- 2 cups carrots, sliced
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove (optional)
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- 1 quart skim milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1⁄2 lb process American cheese, cut into cubes
- Microwave carrots, celery, and broccoli for 3 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter and saute onion and use some garlic if you want.
- Add flour and stir to make smooth paste.
- Gradually add chicken broth and milk.
- Cook until mixture thickens, about 9 minutes.
- Add carrots, celery, and broccoli; heat through.
- Add red pepper flakes.
- Add cheese; heat until cheese is melted and vegetables are tender.
i love this soup i sauted the carrots and celery with onion and used wondra flour instead and not as much but everything else as stated great soup thanks