This is a recipe I got out of a Sue Gregg cookbook. Sue Gregg cookbooks are health conscientious cookbooks that try to use whole/natural foods. This is a healthy recipe, but tasty. The prep time is estimated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the outer edges of the broccoli stalks and chop. Set aside 1 cup of small broccoli florets.
- 2(Optional for added flavor) Saute the 4 cups of broccoli and the chopped onion in 3 tablespoons melted butter.
- 3In soup pot, heat chicken broth to boiling, then add vegetables and oregano.
- 4Reduce heat and simmer until broccoli is tender.
- 5While soup simmers, prepare cheese sauce for soup in small saucepan.
- 6Blend flour into other 3 tablespoons melted butter until smooth, cooking 1 minute.
- 7Gradually blend in milk, stirring with wire whisk over medium heat until thickened.
- 8Blend in cheese until melted.
- 9Puree soup in blender, pour back into soup pot and blend in the cheese sauce.
- 10Steam the 1 cup broccoli florets about 5 minutes and add to soup just before serving.
- 11Season, as desired, with salt, to taste.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli Cheese Soup
Serving Size: 1 (462 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 0.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g