Oh, my this is the most wonderful soup!! Can't say enough good things about it. It comes from my church cookbook, FUMC in Alvarado, Texas. Note: it did not say if the cream cheese was 8 oz or 3 oz. size, so you can decide, I used an 8 oz. I really think the cream cheese makes the great taste. This is a very rich soup if made as directed, I use a little bit more milk to thin it some and make it not quite so rich.
- Cook broccoli in separate sauce pan. I cooked the onions with the broccoli. Drain and set aside.
- In a large dutch oven add milk, Velveeta cheese chunks and softened cream cheese. Cook until melted.
- Note: this is a very rick soup and I use a little more than 2 cups of milk, to thin it some.
- Mix the flour with the chicken broth and add to the melted cheeses.
- Add the cooked broccoli and onions to cheese.
- Season with salt, pepper and garlic salt.
- Continue to cook until all is well blended.
- Note: There were no cooking instructions so this is pretty much how I cook it. You may want to change it up the way you put the ingredient together, but this worked well.