1/2 Photos of Broccoli Cheese Soup
True Texas's Note:
Oh, my this is the most wonderful soup!! Can't say enough good things about it. It comes from my church cookbook, FUMC in Alvarado, Texas. Note: it did not say if the cream cheese was 8 oz or 3 oz. size, so you can decide, I used an 8 oz. I really think the cream cheese makes the great taste. This is a very rich soup if made as directed, I use a little bit more milk to thin it some and make it not quite so rich.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook broccoli in separate sauce pan. I cooked the onions with the broccoli. Drain and set aside.
- 2In a large dutch oven add milk, Velveeta cheese chunks and softened cream cheese. Cook until melted.
- 3Note: this is a very rick soup and I use a little more than 2 cups of milk, to thin it some.
- 4Mix the flour with the chicken broth and add to the melted cheeses.
- 5Add the cooked broccoli and onions to cheese.
- 6Season with salt, pepper and garlic salt.
- 7Continue to cook until all is well blended.
- 8Note: There were no cooking instructions so this is pretty much how I cook it. You may want to change it up the way you put the ingredient together, but this worked well.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli Cheese Soup
Serving Size: 1 (518 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 781.6
- Calories from Fat 551
- Total Fat 61.2 g
- Saturated Fat 33.6 g
- Cholesterol 169.0 mg
- Sodium 2453.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 31.4 g