1/3 Photos of Broccoli Cheese Soup - 20 Minute fast and low fat
This is a recipe that is super fast and fit into my weight watchers. It is 4 points and makes 4 servings of about 1 1/4 cups each. Ohh, By the way it really is great!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1 lb) bag of frozen broccoli floret
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth or 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 -4 finely chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon butter (or 10 servings spray butter)
- 1 cup of your favorite shredded cheddar cheese (we use Kraft Cheddar Classic Melts)
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1Place broccoli and 3/4 cup water in microwave safe dish, Microwave broccoli until fork tender (about 6 min on high).
- 2Meanwhile in sauce pan, saute shallots until clear.
- 3When clear, add flour to pan and stir until flour cooked Add broth and 1/2 cup of broccoli water and 1/4 of broccoli spears.
- 4Mash entire mixture with a potato masher.
- 5Bring to a rapid boil.
- 6Boil for about 3-5 minutes.
- 7Decrease heat, add rest of broccoli spears (whole), half and half and cheese.
- 8Stir until cheese melts.
- 9Season to taste with salt and pepper and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli Cheese Soup - 20 Minute fast and low fat
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.9
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 40.3 mg
- Sodium 647.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 14.8 g