1/3 Photos of Broccoli Cheese Soup
This is an easy, throw-together broccoli soup. I've made it many times and it is always a hit, especially on a cold day. It can be doubled or tripled, and I have even made it in a crock pot, (although you have to use the low setting so it doesn't scorch).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (10 -12 ounce) packages frozen broccoli, chopped or 2 (10 -12 ounce) packages broccoli, cuts
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can broccoli cheese or 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of broccoli soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, cut up in chunks
- 4 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or 1 cup colby-monterey jack cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 4 -6 slices crisp bacon, crumbled (optional)
- 1Put all liquid ingredients and butter or margarine in pot on med-low heat and stir occasionally to make sure everything gets blended.
- 2While this is cooking, put frozen broccoli in a glass dish. Cover with plastic or Saran wrap, and microwave for 2-4 minutes, (just long enough to defrost but not to over-cook). Drain broccoli. If you want to steam the broccoli on the stovetop instead you can, just don't overcook it til it gets too soft.
- 3As the cream mixture heats up to a slow bubble, check the consistency. Once the ingredients are completely melted and slightly bubbly, add broccoli, cover & simmer on low heat for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. If it looks too thick, add more milk. If it looks too thin or watery, add a tablespoon or two of flour.
- 4A minute or two before you serve, add the shredded cheese and stir until melted.
- 5Serve with a nice Caesar or garden salad and crusty bread.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli Cheese Soup
Serving Size: 1 (517 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1299.2
- Calories from Fat 963
- Total Fat 107.1 g
- Saturated Fat 64.1 g
- Cholesterol 322.4 mg
- Sodium 2144.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 49.1 g