1/3 Photos of Broccoli Cheese Soup
This soup is unbelievably delicious!! I have yet to find another recipe for broccoli cheese soup that is better than this one! Give it a try!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute onion in butter. Set aside.
- 2Cook melted butter and flour using a whisk over medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Stir constantly and slowly add the half-and-half (this is called making a roux). Add the chicken broth whisking all the time. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- 3Add the broccoli, carrots and onions. Cook over low heat till veggies are tender for 20-25 minutes. Add salt and pepper. The soup should be thickened by now.
- 4Pour in batches into osterizer (blender) and puree.
- 5Return to pot over low heat and add the grated cheese; stir until well blended. Stir in the nutmeg.
- 6This soup can be easily doubled.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli Cheese Soup
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 400.0
- Calories from Fat 289
- Total Fat 32.1 g
- Saturated Fat 20.0 g
- Cholesterol 95.0 mg
- Sodium 629.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 15.4 g