Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
It's a great soup for a cold night. It's a meal by itself with a loaf of bread.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh broccoli
- 2 cups water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch, mixed with
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 pint half-and-half
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Steam or boil broccoli until tender.
- Place half−and−half and 2 cups water in top of double boiler.
- Add cheese, salt and pepper. Heat until cheese is melted.
- Add broccoli. Mix cornstarch and water in small bowl.
- Stir into cheese mixture in double boiler and heat over.
- simmering water until soup thickens.
A good creamy and cheesy soup. I steamed my broccoli, then cut it into smaller bite-size pieces. I also used fat-free half & half and reduced fat Velveeta.