Nice and light side dish. Left overs are great heated up for breakfast.
Make and share this Broccoli Cheese Souffle recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 F, fill round cake pan or pie pan with 1/2 inch boiling water.
- Steam broccoli florets until tender.
- Melt butter in medium sauce pan.
- Add flour to melted butter until smooth.
- Slowly stir in milk.
- Once mixture is smooth add onion, nutmeg and cheese.
- Add broccoli to mix.
- Whipp egg whites into soft peaks.
- Slowly fold in cheese mixture, do not stir.
- Pour egg and cheese mixture into round csserole dish with high sides, approx 1 1/2 quart.
- Place dish in pan with water, bake for 50-60 minutes.
Yum!! Very easy to put together, however, I was confused about the onions. I assumed they should be sauteed, but the instructions didn't note when, and I can't abide by raw onions. I ended up "cheating" and used dried minced onion and added it with the broccoli. It worked great. I increased the recipe so I could use up 5 egg whites. My husband and I and two kiddos (ages 4 and 1) ate nearly the whole thing for dinner. (I can't imagine that the original recipe could serve six.) Both of the kids loved it!
Oh wow, heaven. I'm in love with this souffle. The recipe is easy to throw together, I will make this often! Made for PAC Spring 09.