Nice and light side dish. Left overs are great heated up for breakfast.
Make and share this Broccoli Cheese Souffle recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 F, fill round cake pan or pie pan with 1/2 inch boiling water.
- Steam broccoli florets until tender.
- Melt butter in medium sauce pan.
- Add flour to melted butter until smooth.
- Slowly stir in milk.
- Once mixture is smooth add onion, nutmeg and cheese.
- Add broccoli to mix.
- Whipp egg whites into soft peaks.
- Slowly fold in cheese mixture, do not stir.
- Pour egg and cheese mixture into round csserole dish with high sides, approx 1 1/2 quart.
- Place dish in pan with water, bake for 50-60 minutes.