Recipe by Dreamgoddess
I found this recipe in a regional magazine and we really enjoyed it. Even my broccoli-hating children loved it.
Top Review by VickiC
I can't believe I forgot to review this last summer when I made it. This was great for a 4th of July party. I substitued sliced almonds and craisins as I prefer them. I also used some granny smith apples along with gala apples. One more thing I did was substitute low fat/lo cal for the cheese & mayo.I did keep regular sugar, but might try splenda next time. Everyone wanted the recipe and was looking for leftovers the next day.
- 1 bunch broccoli, chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 medium purple onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup bacon bits
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 cups Red Delicious apples, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine broccoli, cauliflower, cheese, onion, bacon bits, raisins, walnuts and apple in a large salad bowl.
- Combine the mayonnaise and sugar in a small bowl; let sit for 15 minutes for the sugar to dissolve.
- Add in the vinegar; stir well to combine.
- Pour over the salad ingredients and toss to mix well.
- Refrigerate for several hours before serving.