Prep 7 mins
Cook 25 mins
I don't really like chicken, but this way I do!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups Minute Rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (I like sharp!)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease glass 2 quart cake pan.
- Chop 2 cups frozen broccoli florets into small pieces, you can thaw for better cutting.
- Mix in pan cream of mushroom, cream of chicken, rice, water broccoli, and 1 1/2 cups of cheese.
- Smooth evenly in dish.
- Place the THAWED UNCOOKED chicken breast on top of the mixture.
- Season with whatever spices you like; for a kick, I always put chile power, crushed peppers, and garlic salt.
- Around the chicken put the remaining cheese to cover the mixture, but not the chicken.
- Place in over, do not cover, and bake for 25 minutes.
- The chicken will be fully cooked and the broccoli cheese rice mixture will be creamy and cooked as well.
Everyone at my house loved it! I liked it but had a tough time getting the chicken totally cooked. It was in the oven total of about 60 min and I turned the temp up to 35 after the first 25 mins elapsed and the chicken was totally raw. I really liked it though!
I thought the flavor and ease of this recipe was great, but found that when the cooking time was up, the chicken was nowhere near done. I ended up baking this dish for about 45 minutes. The chicken was done, but the rice was not. I will play around with the time next time because ulimately I did enjoy this.