Recipe by soulmatesforever
This recipe came from Chatelaine. Its very good with a nice tossed salad!
Top Review by Three Kids Make Me Crazy
I love this and so do my kids. We've made it three or four times in the last month. Faster and easier than the packaged noodles and sauce...and it tastes so much better. The one thing I did eventually do was saute the garlic in 1 T. of butter before mixing everything else to cook the raw flavor out of it. Aside from that, spectacular as written. Thanks for a great recipe!
- 3 cups dried penne or 3 cups fusilli (about 1/2 package)
- 1 broccoli
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook according to package directions, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut stems from broccoli.
- Peel, then slice into thin rounds.
- Slice sun-dried tomatoes into thin strips.
- Mince garlic.
- Place cheese in a large bowl.
- Stir in sun-dried tomatoes and garlic.
- When pasta has cooked 8 minutes, add broccoli stems and florets.
- Cook until bright green and tender, about 2 minutes.
- Ladle out about 1/2 cup pasta water and save.
- Drain pasta and broccoli, then return to saucepan.
- Place saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Stir cheese mixture and pasta water until cheese melts and noodles are evenly coated, about 1 minute.
- Taste, then add salt and pepper if you like.