1/4 Photos of Broccoli Cheese Melt Soup
Tante B's Note:
There is never a drop of this soup left! I think it's the absolute best of it's kind. It's almost a meal in and of itself!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Soup
- 500 g broccoli
- 2 onions
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter or 1 -2 tablespoon margarine
- 3/4 liter vegetable stock (soup powder mixed with water is fine)
- 200 g creamy processed cheese (i.e.Velveeta, Laughing Cow)
- salt & pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 250 g sour cream
- 1Wash and cut broccoli into small pieces.
- 2Chop onions fine and saute in butter or margarine until they look translucent.
- 3Add broccoli to the onions and saute together for a few minutes.
- 4Add vegetable stock & let cook for 15-20 minutes (I usually use water plus vegetable bouillon).
- 5Add cheese crumbled into small pieces.
- 6Keep stirring until cheese has melted and cook another few minutes.
- 7Add salt, pepper, cayenne pepper and nutmeg.
- 8Remove from heat.
- 9Add sour cream.
- 10Adjust seasonings and serve.
- 11Topping: Heat flavored butter in a pan and add toast that has been cut into cubes.
- 12When browned, top soup. Add chives if desired.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli Cheese Melt Soup
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 383.7
- Calories from Fat 254
- Total Fat 28.2 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 66.0 mg
- Sodium 893.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 15.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: