1/2 Photos of Broccoli-Cheese (Hash Browns) Flan
Caroline Cooks's Note:
Add some ham for a complete meal; this is a good brunch dish or potluck! From Epicurious with some changes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk or 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 green onions, tops-too, chopped
- 1 (1 lb) bag frozen hash browns or 8 frozen hash brown patties, thawed
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen broccoli, thawed and chopped
- 1Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Whisk together eggs, milk, pepper, and nutmeg until combined; whisk in Cheddar and 3 tablespoons Parmesan.
- 3Heat oil in a well-seasoned 10” cast-iron skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then sauté green onions, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- 4Add hash browns and remaining and cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes.
- 5Spread potatoes evenly in skillet and cook, undisturbed, 2 minutes.
- 6Remove from heat and spread broccoli over potatoes; pour in egg mixture.
- 7Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.
- 8Bake until set--2” from edge but still slightly wobbly in center, about 12-15 minutes. Turn on broiler.
- 9Broil 4” from heat until top is set, puffed, and golden brown.
- 10Note: If using chopped ham (1 1/3 cups), add as layer between potatoes and broccoli.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Broccoli-Cheese (Hash Browns) Flan
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 434.0
- Calories from Fat 265
- Total Fat 29.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 238.5 mg
- Sodium 317.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 17.9 g