Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are so yummy, and easy to make too, a favorite in my house for a long time, they make a great snack or a main meal, served with a side salad. If desired the recipe may be doubled without any problem, it's a good idea to prepare a double batch of these, cause they won't last long!
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked instant rice (Minute Rice is good)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen cut broccoli in cheese sauce, thawed (I use Green Giant brand)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- salt and black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls (Pillsbury is good)
- 1 -2 tablespoon melted butter or 1 -2 tablespoon margarine
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Cook the rice in 1/2 cup water as directed on the package.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cooked rice, broccoli in cheese sauce, 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and pepper; mix well.
- Separate the dough into 4 rectangles.
- Firmly press perforations to seal.
- Press each to form a 6x3-inch rectangle.
- Mound generous 1/3 cup of broccoli mixture evenly onto one end of each dough rectangle.
- Fold and strech dough over the filling; press the edges to seal well (squares will be very full).
- With a fork, crimp the edges.
- Place on a cookie sheet.
- Brush with melted butter, sprinkle with 2 Tbsp of Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 19-24 minutes, or until golden brown.
- ***NOTE***to quickly thaw frozen broccoli package, cut small slit in the center pouch; microwave on HIGH for 2-3 minutes, or until thawed.
These were made for DD who enjoyed them a lot but would have preferred a different (more savory) pastry. We used Pillsbury Crescent Rolls. Also, I used frozen broccoli which I mixed with cheese sauce. I'll definitely be making this again and experimenting with different pastries.
Followed your recipe right on down just to get their intended taste & wasn't disappointed ~ Absolutely great in every way, right down to the final morsel! Would be satisfying for any meal, & I plan to try them every which way! Thanks so much for posting this keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Zaar Stars Tag Game]
So much better than hot pockets. Next time I'll try this with breakfast ingredients.