Recipe by Pastryismybiz
Creamy Cheese based bisque with garden vegetables and bits of chicken. I developed this recipe from other recipes making it my own version of a classic. It is best to chop all the vegetables to a uniform size;no larger then 1/4 to 1/2 inch.
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 -5 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, grated
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Add 2 tblsp olive oil to large fry pan and saute vegetables and garlic just until tender but firm and set aside.Do not brown and do not drain.
- In a large pot set at medium low, melt 6 tblsp butter.Add the flour. Using a whip, stir until flour starts to thicken and then add the chicken broth, milk, soup, worcestershire sauce, cheese,salt and pepper. Simmer and continue to stir with whip until mixture is creamy and cheese is melted.
- Add vegetables to cream sauce and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Suggest topping with sour cream and chives or shredded cheddar cheese.
- Serve with crisp breadsticks.