Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My grandmother would always make this at our holiday meals. It's addictive!
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 6 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 8 ounces velveeta cheese spread in a glass jars
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes frozen chopped spinach, drained and thawed
- 3 eggs, beaten well
- 10 saltine crackers, to crumble on top (as many as you like)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Saute onion in margarine.
- add flour and water and bring to a low boil.
- add cheese.
- combine sause with broccoli.
- add eggs and stir to combine.
- place in greased casserole dish and cover with crushed crackers.
- dot with butter.
- bake at 325 for 30+ min and check center.