Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is such an impressive veggie dish. It's in my top 10 of all time and I collect a lot of recipes. I hope you find it just as perfect as I do.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) canundiluted condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup best food's mayonnaise
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 30 ounces frozen chopped broccoli (UNTHAWED broken up)
- 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 pinches paprika
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Whisk together soup, mayo, egg, onion, salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Crumble frozen broccoli into a very large mixing bowl.
- I use an eight quart bowl I got from Wal-mart for only five bucks!
- Pour soup/mayo mixture over broccoli and mix well.
- Sprinkle on cheese and mix well again.
- Spread and pat mixture into the baking dish.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
I had been wanting to make this for some time and hadn't gotten the chance to. Well, I finally did 2 nights ago and it was OUTSTANDING! I would give more stars if I could. I had to use thawed broccoli as my hands cannot deal with frozen. I also made this roughly 6 hours ahead of time and refridgerated until baking time. NOT a problem; it was delightful, savory and comforting without all of the usual Ritz cracker carbs not to mention the fat calories from those nasty cracker and Cheeze-Whiz mixtures (which I used to like until I found this one!). I did use 1 tsp. of butter and 1/4C of plain bread crumbs scattered over the top and used a small onion, grated in the recipe. I,,,ahem,,,didn't get 8 servings though! It fed 2 people 2 meals. I served this as the main meal and it was gobbled up quickly! It 'sets' beautifully though remains creamy! A wonder what simple ingredients can do when combined. This is definitely a keeper for my comfort food cookbook and will make this at least weekly just for me!! That says a great deal for someone who hates to cook when living alone. One word,,,,,,YUMMY!! Thank you for sharing such a perfect dish.
Yummy, cheesy broccoli! I used fresh broccoli and blanched it, then proceeded with the recipe. The flavor was excellent, as was the texture. It wasn't too creamy or runny but wasn't dry at all. Thanx for a wonderful broccoli casserole!
Wow! Made this dish to bring to our friend's turkey dinner last night and not only was it all eaten up up but I was told how good it was by everyone. Kids and adults loved it and I loved how easy it was to make and all the compliments I received :) Followed the recipe exactly as written. It travelled well and even after having to sit around for about an hour in a warm oven before dinner actually started, it was perfect. This will be my go-to broccoli casserole. Thank you!