Prep 40 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a simple, yet deilicious recipe. My mother-in-law made it for Christmas one year and I've been making it regularly ever since. Everytime I have made it for a get-together, it's usually the first thing to be eaten.
- 3 (8 ounce) packages Ritz crackers
- 2 (14 ounce) jars Cheez Whiz
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 2 (16 ounce) bags frozen broccoli florets
- Defrost broccoli on paper towels at room temperature for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Crush Ritz crackers.
- Mix crushed crackers with melted butter.
- Melt Cheez Whiz.
- Add milk to melted cheese mixture and stir well.
- Layer 1/2 cracker mix on bottom of 9"X13" baking dish, press firmly.
- Layer defrosted broccoli on top of cracker crust.
- Layer cheese mixture on top off broccoli.
- Layer remaining cracker mix on top of casserole.
- Bake approximately 45 min to and hour or until broccoli is tender.