Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great recipie for getting kids or picky adults to eat broccoli. This makes a great dish to bring to a pot luck or buffet style dinner. Yeah, it's loaded with butter and Velveeta, but hey, they're eating broccoli! I would recommend trying some of the different types of Ritz they have out there now. I figure each "tube" of Ritz crackers is about 40-50 crackers.
- Cook chopped up broccoli until tender, either in a steamer or on the stovetop.
- In a pot on stovetop,melt one stick of butter with the Velveeta then mix into broccoli.
- In a separate bowl, mix second stick of butter with 80-100 (2 tubes) crushed crackers. ( I melt the butter in a mixing bowl in the micro and then crumble the crackers into bowl).
- Mix together broccoli cheese and crumbled crackers in a 9x11 baking dish (you may want to add 1/2 broccoli into second bowl and then mix into baking dish, will be kinda messy).
- Crumble 50 crackers (third tube) on top as a topping if you like, not necessary.
- Bake at 350°F uncovered 30 minutes.
Fantastic! I love this recipe, quick, easy, and fun to change up sometimes. Instead of Ritz, I use triscuits, and if I'm really feeling frisky, I will use flavored Triscuits :) (the garlic ones add great flavor!)
I have made this for years! The only difference, is I don't cook anything first. I throw frozen broccoli, chuncks of velveeta, butter and crushed ritz together into a covered casserole dish, and bake it for35 to 45 minutes at 350 degrees! YUM!